Join nearly 300 Ohio State faculty members and researchers who are affiliated with the Sustainability Institute to support, connect and extend your sustainability and resilience work.
Launched in January 2019, the Sustainability Institute builds and supports teams and networks of faculty, other researchers, students and staff at Ohio State working together and with external partners to confront the enormous sustainability and resilience challenges facing our communities.
If you are interested in becoming an Affiliated Faculty or Researcher, please let us know about yourself in the Biographical Information Form linked below. We welcome Affiliated Faculty and Researcher submissions from any Ohio State faculty and researchers (all ranks and appointments) who are engaged in sustainability research, teaching, outreach or campus stewardship activities with an interest in interdisciplinary collaboration.
As an Affiliated Faculty or Researcher, you will have opportunities to:
- Build your internal and external networks and potential research collaborations
- Apply for seed grant funding
- Develop or join an interdisciplinary team receiving research development support to work on strategic research opportunities that advance SI’s research program areas
- Share research findings or other accomplishments of yours, your students or collaborators for communications or marketing purposes
- Engage in public outreach or campus stewardship activities and events
- Appear on our searchable Affiliated Faculty and Researchers directory
Affiliated Faculty and Researchers are expected to actively engage in SI and can do so in a variety of different ways, which may include:
- Seeking opportunities to propose interdisciplinary research and collaborate with other affiliated faculty or researchers on research funding opportunities
- Leading or engaging in networking around an SI research program area
- Contributing to learning opportunities for students on sustainability topics
- Helping review funding requests, including seed grant proposals
- Responding to media requests
We will accept Affiliated Faculty and Researcher submissions at any time. SI will follow up with you after we receive your submission.
Questions? Contact Kathy Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration in joining with SI to build a more sustainable and resilient future for all!